Costa Mesa, CA
Irvine Sensors Corporation, an employee-owned company headquartered in Costa Mesa, California, is an award-winning innovator in the areas of artificial intelligence and machine consciousness, video analytics, LIDAR, and mass storage devices.
We are currently seeking an Electronics Engineer (EO)
The Electronics Engineer (EO) is responsible for performing detailed electronics design for LIDAR and other EO/IR products.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential functions of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
• Perform detailed design of analog, mixed-signal and digital circuits and perform or oversee layout of PCBs
• Design and verify firmware on FPGAs
• Design and verify software on DSPs, microcontrollers, and embedded processors
• Perform board bring-up, debugging, and performance evaluation of PCBs and higher-level systems in the lab
• Transition prototype designs to production environment
• Develop verification plans and procedures
• Support complex projects to meet technology performance and schedule objectives
• Timely delivery of reliable, manufacturable, and cost-effective designs and products
• Support department functional groups in defining product features and requirements
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
The essential qualifications of the candidate include, but are not limited to the following:
• BS or MS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, plus a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a broad range of electronics design as an individual contributor
• Experience with tools used to perform schematic capture, circuit analysis, FPGA development (VHDL/Verilog), and software (C, C++, etc) development
• Experience with debugging and repairing electronics systems (including FPGA and embedded software)
• Ability to accept open-ended design assignments and follow through to ensure that assignments are completed in a high-quality manner
• Ability to establish and maintain good relationships with teammates and project leadership
• Motivated to take ownership of tasks and make a difference in a growing company
• Excellent communication and presentation skills required
• Knowledge of lasers and EO/IR detectors preferred
• Knowledge of production processes and standards preferred
• Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Security Clearance preferred
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Irvine Sensors Corporation is proud to offer a highly competitive compensation package. Our outstanding benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, stock options, 401(k), generous paid vacation program, and flexible scheduling where deemed appropriate.
Irvine Sensors Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and we maintain a drug-free work environment.
Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.View on External Site